Ohio State EFDA Registration
4715.62 – Application for registration.
(A) Each individual seeking to register with the state dental board as an expanded function dental auxiliary shall file with the secretary of the board an application for registration, under oath, on a form the board shall prescribe and provide. An applicant shall include with the completed application all of the following:
(1) An application fee of twenty dollars;
(2) Proof satisfactory to the board that the applicant has successfully completed, at an educational institution accredited by the commission on dental accreditation of the American dental association or the higher learning commission of the north central association of colleges and schools, the education or training specified by the board in rules adopted under section 4715.66 of the Revised Code as the education or training that is necessary to obtain registration under this chapter to practice as an expanded function dental auxiliary, as evidenced by a diploma or other certificate of graduation or completion that has been signed by an appropriate official of the accredited institution that provided education or training;
(3) Proof satisfactory to the board that the applicant has passed an examination that meets the standards established by the board in rules adopted under section 4715.66 of the Revised Code to be accepted by the board as an examination of competency to practice as an expanded function dental auxiliary;
(4) Proof that the applicant holds current certification to perform basic life-support procedures, evidenced by documentation showing the successful completion of a basic life-support training course certified by either the American red cross or the American heart association.
(B) If an applicant complies with division (A) of this section, the board shall register the applicant as an expanded function dental auxiliary. HISTORY: 151 v H 143, S 1, Eff 5-12-06. HISTORY: 151 v H 143, S 1, Eff 5-12-06.
4715.63 – Renewal of registration.
(A) Registration under section 4715.62 of the Revised Code expires on the thirty-first day of December of the year following the year in which the registration occurs. An individual may renew a registration for subsequent two-year periods by submitting both of the following to the secretary of the state dental board each time the individual seeks to renew a registration:
(1) A completed application for renewal, under oath, on a form the board shall prescribe and provide;
(2) A renewal fee of twenty dollars;
(B) If an individual complies with division (A) of this section and is not in violation of any section of this chapter or rule adopted under it, the board shall renew the individual’s registration for a two-year period that expires on the thirty-first day of December of the year following the year in which the registration was renewed.
(C) Registration renewals shall be made in accordance with the standard renewal procedure established under Chapter 4745. of the Revised Code.
HISTORY: 151 v H 143, S 1, Eff 5-12-06.
Contact the Ohio State Dental Board at (614) 466-2580
View their web site at: www.dental.ohio.gov